Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and that means scrambling to buy a gift/ plan an awesome date that your partner will appreciate. In my land of singledom, I will most likely be celebrating with a party of one with a lovely evening nap, but that has also allotted me time to ponder the ideal Valentine’s Day date idea. Below are the 6 ideas that I came up with and should help out my lovebirds out there who’re looking for date ideas.
· A weekend getaway to the Getaway house : Tiny houses are the craze right now, and you’ve probably seen the tiny getaway house all over your Instagram feed. The tiny house is located in western Virginia and is the perfect Valentine’sDay date idea because it allows you and your partner the opportunity to spend time together alone in nature with no distraction. Shenandoah national park and Luray caverns are pretty close by, so you have options if you were looking for activities to do there.
· A cooking class: Taking a cooking class with your partner would be a fun activity even if you’re already a chef in the kitchen. You can use this opportunity to make a dish that you would typically not make, and the date would be interactive and fun.
- Lincoln is offering Valentine's Day cooking classes for $75 per person.
- Sur La Table is also offering a couple of classes.
· Artechouse : Of course something art related is on the list. Arthouse incorporates technology with art in an interactive fashion. Tickets are reasonable plus cocktail drinks are available based on the theme of the exhibit. The newest exhibit is called ' Everything in Existence', and one I plan to visit date or no date.
· Explore a speakeasy bar : Granted we are no longer in the prohibition era, but discovering a speakeasy bar behind a bank or fridge door seems like the perfect way to spend the night with your partner to me. Below are three speakeasy bars I would suggest checking out.
- The Alex
- Backroom at Capo Deli
· Have dinner at a nice restaurant: If all else fails you can never go wrong having dinner at a nice restaurant. Below are 3 romantic restaurants I would suggest dining at for Valentine’s Day.
- Iron Gate
- Tail Up Goat
· Chocolate Making Classes : The Watergate Hotel is offering Valentine's Chocolate Truffle Making Classes on Saturdays and Sundays in February from 11AM - 1PM. The 2-hour classes include truffle making and a box of completed Valentine's Day themed truffles to take home as a treat (or give to your Sweetheart). Tickets are $60.
Do you already have a date idea in mind? If so, what are you planning? I would love to hear your suggestions in the comments below!