DC Fall Guide 2018
One of the beauties of living in the DMV is that we have a plethora of activities throughout the whole year, so although it might already be fall, there is still a bunch of options of things to do around the area. So to help my gals and pals out there I have put together a little fall guide of activities, events, and places to eat this summer.
Art Activities :
• Glenstone Museum : Glenstone is a privately owned museum and has been recently renovated. If it’s not currently on your list of museums to check out I would suggest highly adding it.
• New Nature @ the Artechouse, October 12th –January 13th : New Nature by Marpi, the latest interactive art exhibition at ARTECHOUSE, explores our organic world through an immersive audio-visual experience, incorporating computer learning (A.I.), responsive technology, and music.
• Bethesda Row Arts Festival, October 13th - 190 Master Artisans with original artwork at every price point will showcase October 13-14th at Bethesda Row. Live musical entertainment and performance art.
• Opus Merriweather, October 13th - The pioneering art and music festival transforms the legendary Merriweather Post Pavilion and surrounding Symphony Woods into a surreal theatre of discovery, imagination and wonder.
Events and Activities :
• H Street Festival , October 13th
• Sandy Spring Adventure Park- Grown Up Takeover By Night , October 20th
• Taste of DC , October 26th - Taste of DC is the Mid-Atlantic region’s premier culinary cultural festival.
• The Emporiyum , November 9-11th - The Emporiyum is a one-of-a-kind food marketplace featuring the tastiest treats from around the country.
• Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama, November 17th
• BrewLights at ZooLights, November 29th
• The Nutcracker, December 5th – 9th @ The Kennedy Center
• Black Restaurant Week, November 4th-11th : Focused on highlighting culinary cuisines from Black chefs, as well as cultural events and informative workshops and sessions.
Horror Houses :
Below are some horror houses I would suggest visiting for the Halloween season.
Fields of Scream
Laurel’s House of Horror and Escape - Linked to my blog post regarding my experience.
Markoff’s Haunted Forest
• I- Thai Restaurant & Sushi Bar
• Bluestone Lane
• Fig & Olive
Hopefully, this list was somewhat helpful. Let me know if any of these events were already on your radar or if I omitted to mention a particular event. PS - Anything in red is hyperlinked.