DC Summer Guide 2018
We’re finally getting a reprieve from the on again off again rain and its starting to feel like summer. So to help my gals and pals out there I have put together a little summer guide of activities, events, and places to eat this summer.
• Naked Eyes Exhibit @ the Artechouse , May 16-June 30th - Simple geometric light forms are used to define the relationship between time, space and reality.
• Fractal Worlds Exhibit @ Artechouse , July 7th – September 3rd - Fractal Worlds by Julius Horsthuis is a visual journey through mind-bending sci-fi worlds and infinite 3D geometric patterns.
• By the People, June 21-24th – Is an international arts and dialogue festival taking place in DC. The purpose of the festival is to initiate conversations about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
• No Spectators: The Art of the Burning Man @ The Renwick Gallery , March 30th – January 21 , 2019. Every year thousands of people flock to Nevada for the Burning Man festival. During that time, large experimental art installations are erected, and many are ritually burned to the ground. For the first time, art pieces from the Burning man will be displayed in a museum/gallery. For all of my art lovers, this is an exhibit you cannot miss (free exhibit).
• Fun House Exhibit @ The National Building Museum , July 4th – September 3rd, 2018 - Fun House, designed by Snarkitecture, is the latest in the Museum’s imaginative Summer Block Party series of temporary structures inside its historic Great Hall.
• Black Out : Silhouettes Then and Now @ National Portrait Gallery , Daily, Now – March 10 2019.
• Sakerum • I-Thai Restaurant & Sushi Bar • Daikaya • Estadio • Thai Chef Street Food • Keith and Kin • Masseria • Maydan • Napoli Pasta Bar • La Vie • TTT Resturant
The list could really go on and on, but the above restaurants are a good starting point of different restaurants to try.
Festivals, Concerts, and Plays
• Jay Z & Beyoncé, On the Run Tour @ Capital One Arena, July 27th, and July 28th
• Imagine Dragons: Evolve Tour @ Jiffy Lube Live, July 2nd
• Drake & The Three Migos Tour @ Capital One Arena, September 12 & September 13th
• Childish Gambino @ Capital One Arena, September 19th
• Miguel with DVSN @ The Anthem, September 4th
• Hamilton @ The Kennedy Center, June 12 – September 16th
• The Color Purple @ The Kennedy Center, July 3rd – August 26th
• Trillectro @ Merriweather Pavilion, September 22nd
Activities and Events
• Outdoor Movies at the National Harbor, Union Market etc.
• Restaurant Week, August 13-19th
• Jazz in the Garden
• Wine Tasting at a Vineyard – I would recommend Stone Tower Winery
• Booze Cruise
• Lantern Festival ( Actually located in PA), July 28th
• Water Lantern Festival @ The National Harbor, August 4th
• Wine Spirit & Music Festival @ Gateway Pavillion, September 15th
• The Second City’s Generation Gap @ The Kennedy Center, June 16th – August 12th (The Second City’s twelve-week summer run of Generation Gap…Or, How Many Millennials Does It Take to Teach a Baby Boomer to Text Generation X? takes you on a satirical crash course spanning miscommunications, careers, dating, and more in this two-act, interactive new spin on the age-old battle of the ages.)
• Otakon (DC Anime Convention) @ Walter E Convention Center, August 10-12th
• Augment Arcade Bar ( Pretty fun date idea)
• Cirque du Soleil’s Crystal opens July 5th - 8th in Baltimore
• Trill Grill Fest @ RFK, June 30th
Hopefully, this list was somewhat helpful. Let me know if any of these events were already on your radar or if I omitted to mention a particular event. PS - Anything in red is hyperlinked.