It’s finally getting warmish (knock on wood), and there are a ton of exciting events happening in March and April. Below are some events and activities that are on my radar.
• Tiffany Haddish #Sheready @ The Warner Theater – March 10. Tiffany Haddish is the breakout star of the comedy movie Girls Trip, so her comedy segment at the Warner Theater should be pretty funny. I can't wait to be in stitches laughing.
• Cherry Blossom Dream @ The Artechouse – March 15 – May 6th. Artechouse celebrates the Cherry Blossom by creating an immersive and digital experience. I’ve been to all of Artechouse exhibits, so I am excited to see how they bring the space to live.
• Cherry Blossom Pop- Up Bar – March 1st – April 29th.
• No Spectators: The Art of the Burning Man @ The Renwick Gallery – March 30th – January 21 , 2019. Every year thousands of people flock to Nevada for the Burning Man festival. During that time, enormous experimental art installations are erected, and many are ritually burned to the ground. For the first time, art pieces from the Burning man will be displayed in a museum/gallery. For all of my art lovers, this is an exhibit you cannot miss (free exhibit).
• Luzia Cirque Du Soleil @ Tysons II – April 12-May13 – An elevated performance that engages the audience from beginning to end.
• Light City @ Baltimore – April 6- April 21. A festival of light, music, and innovation (free event).
• Broccoli City Festival @ RFK Stadium – April 28th. Has an excellent line up this year with performances by Migos, Miguel, and Cardi B just to name a few.
• Hamilton @ The Kennedy Center – 6/12 – 9/16. If you haven’t heard of Hamilton, then it is safe to assume you’ve been living under a rock. Tickets go on sale mid-March, and will without a doubt sell out quickly.
• Orange Theory is a relatively new fitness craze, which seems to be pretty effective in weight loss goal. They’re opening a new studio in Silver Spring, and this is your opportunity to get a membership at a reduced.